We, at Bridgetown International University, are a diverse team of competent and passionate healthcare professionals, professors, and members, and we all have a mission – to Democratize Doctor Dreams. We believe that every medical aspirant has a right to become a doctor, and we are here to make medical education affordable for all and let the future generation of doctors claim their rights.
If you believe in what we are doing and that your expertise and efforts can add value to the University’s efforts, we invite you to take the next step for the upliftment of your career in Barbados and apply to join the University. Once we get your application and it matches a suitable job position at the University, we will contact you.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with at least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience related to the position.
The candidate must have excellent organizational skills and appropriate experience in the management of student records. Candidates should have good communication skills and strong computer literacy with database familiarity. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:1. Create an organized system for keeping the academic records of all the medical students. 2. Issue official transcripts and true copy of grades 3. Maintain confidentiality and handle information discretely and with appropriate sensitivity. 4. Create and systematically archive grade sheets for all the courses being offered. 5. Prepare and generate reports including statistical analysis on academic data for administrative or institutional use as requested by the Dean or officials of BIU. 6. Prepare and send notification for academic probation which includes poor grades and poor attendance 7. Issue official notification for student dismissal or withdrawal as executed by the Dean 8. Set up registration procedures upon the guidance of the Dean or a faculty member designated by school officials. 9. Issue and process leave of absence (LOA) and withdrawal forms for students. 10. Assist and provide support to the Student Promotion Committee as a non-voting member. 11. Update the Student Handbook upon the guidance of the Dean 12. Enhance systems and processes pertaining to student record including the setting up of on-line registration 13. Provide information on grading requirements to students and the faculty 14. Work with the Admissions office on setting up records for newly admitted students 15. Perform additional tasks designated by the President, Dean, Vice-Dean and the Administrative Manager
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years progressive experience in the supervision, maintenance, and administration of information technology.
The candidate will set-up, manage and optimize the information technology services of the university. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Create email/LMS/internet account/s for students, teaching and non-teaching staff
2. Implement security protocols and trouble shoot potential threats especially in the administration of exams
3. Set-up, monitor and maintain networks and servers
4. Install, configure and upgrade new and existing hardware and software for BIU
5. Upload exams and assist in the administration
6. Assist in documenting processes which includes backing up and archiving data
7. Develop data retrieval and recovery procedures
8. Optimize computer systems used by students, teaching and non-teaching staff
9. Set-up online registration and assist during online registration
10. Be updated on the best practices and advancements on IT administration in an academic setting